Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

First Outings

Last weekend, the weather finally let up enough for Lincoln and me to go for his first walk around the neighborhood. It was about 75 degrees and overcast, perfect for taking an infant out. So, I put Linc into the Moby Wrap carrier and switched his oxygen to a portable tank and we were off. We walked around our neighborhood for about 30 mins. I think Lincoln enjoyed the fresh air and he was sleeping withing a few minutes. It was really nice to get out of the house for me too. Weather and Lincoln permitting, I think I will try to take him out more before it turns too cold. I have yet to use the stroller because it us just one more thing for me to lug around. With Linc in the carrier, I can pull his oxygen tank with one hand and still have one hand free. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture since I was by myself, but it looked something like this...




Last Saturday, Dan and I decided to take Lincoln out to the grocery store. This was his first time in a public place, besides doctors offices. I held Linc in the carrier again and just followed Dan around the store as he did the shopping. I wasn't any help and would not be able to go to the store by myself with Lincoln, but it was nice to get out as a family. Up until then, Dan and I had not gone anywhere together since Linc had come home. Normally one of us stays home with Lincoln while the other runs out. It was nice to take Lincoln out a little to get him used to going places, but we still have to be cautious about exposing him to illness, so I had the hand sanitizer handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment