Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Please Post Your Questions!

I would like to announce that Lincoln's doctors at St. Louis Children's Hospital and the Fetal Care Center at Barnes Jewish are going to be holding Question and Answer Session for CDH families. This session will be recorded and will hopefully contain all of the common, and not so common, questions families have when facing a CDH journey with their child. This recorded session will then be available to future families who have just been diagnosed with this condition.

I am hoping to help collect some of these questions to help the doctors prepare the session from all of the wonderful CDH families that follow Lincoln's Blog, or even questions from friends and family who want to better understand this defect. It would be so helpful if you could comment on this post with any questions you have now or had at any time during your journey. I will keep every one updated on the status of the session as it progresses.

Thank you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Why not? I'll be the first to comment on my own post. :) Here are a few of my favorite prenatal questions -

    1. I have read on a few forums that there may be a link between CDH and artificial Vitamin A, as in retinol creams. Is there any research to support this suggestion?

    2. Is there any evidence to show that prenatal steroids can assist with lung growth for CDH babies?

    3. What prenatal testing is typically performed during a pregnancy with a CDH baby?

    I look forward to reading some of your questions!

    I know a lot of you CDH families read Lincoln's Blog, but have yet to comment. Here's your chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the chances of a CDH baby having a sibling born with CDH?

    ReplyDelete