Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Better Late Than Never

This post includes happenings from May 22nd through May 27th, relating to Lincoln's birthday, some firsts and random cuteness. Since Lincoln's Aunt Amanda's wedding was on Lincoln's actual birthday, May 26th, festivities were split over several days.

May 22nd - Donation Drop Off
Lincoln had his follow-up appointment with Urology after his surgery. While we were at the hospital, I had the great pleasure of dropping off all of the items for donation that were collected at Lincoln's party on May 20th. Again, I would like to thank every one for their generosity. It means a lot to me to give back to the place that was able to grant me these first 365+ days with my incredible son!

May 23rd - Baby Locks
Lincoln got his first professional hair cut! Our friend, Erin, was very nice and came to our house to cut Lincoln's beautiful baby hairs. I was not emotional at all about this, as some parents are. I just thought it was so adorable that Erin brought a small cape for Linc to wear! He screamed through the whole thing. Poor boy hated the feeling of the scissors and the comb! Erin did an amazing job. Lincoln looks so cute! 

May 24th - Go Cards!
Lincoln attended his first Cardinal's baseball game! Dan got tickets from work to go the the ball game, so we invited Grandma Kathi and Grandpa Greg to go with us to the game. Grandpa Greg is always talking about going to games with Linc (as soon as he is toilet trained!) so we knew he wouldn't miss Linc's first game for the World.

The night was nice. I think Lincoln enjoyed himself, being handed off from Grandma to Mommy. Eating some snacks. Chewing on some toys. He lasted almost two hours, and then it was time to go. Daddy wanted to be sure and stop off in the gift shop to get Lincoln his "first Cardinals game souvenirs" - a 2011 World Series ball from Daddy and a T-shirt from Grandpa.
Dan did try to take a panoramic picture of all of us at the game, but sadly it didn't quite turn out.





Standing - Random Cuteness, also on the 24th.

Lincoln is getting really good at standing and walking around the house pushing objects for stability, and fun! Laundry baskets, cardboard boxes, and bar stools! The bar stools are almost always pushed in a circle. Maybe because they are round, Lincoln tried to step side-ways when holding them. I love it!
His face is priceless here


Round...

and round...

and round.

So proud of himself! Mommy is, too!
This is Lincoln's exerscaucer converted into an activity table. He was always standing on the outside anyway and now he is restricted from straddle toys so I thought it was time to make the switch. Lincoln seems to enjoy it.






May 25th - Rehearsal Dinner
Lincoln got all dressed up for Aunt Amanda and Uncle Drew's rehearsal dinner. Yes. That is a real tie!


May 26th - Lincoln is ONE
Aunt Amanda and Uncle Drew got married on Lincoln's birthday. (I had a lot on my mind last year, so when the MFM OB suggested the 26th for my induction date I agreed, forgetting that it was Amanda's wedding!)

Since Dan and I were both in the wedding party, and Linc was walking down the isle, there wasn't much time to do anything birthday related besides put Lincoln's "Birthday Boy" onesie on. He was later changed into a tiny suit and chucks to match the groomsmen. It was a beautiful wedding with thoughtful words and it was a lot of fun, too. Lincoln had a good nap right before the ceremony so he was able to stay up through most of the reception. He was definitely fussy at times, but thankfully we have lots of loving family and friends who were happy to care for him while I could not.

When we arrived at the reception, Dan and I were surprised to see photos of Lincoln at every seat! As it was explained inside the card, Amanda and Drew had made a special donation to the St. Louis Children's Hospital NICU in honor of their guests and as a surprise gift to Lincoln, Dan and me. Amanda and Drew also gave Lincoln his own smash cake, which was presented in front of all the guests! It brought me to tears that Amanda and Drew had incorporated Lincoln into their special day and in such a wonderful way! They didn't have to do that and they did. It really showed how much they love Lincoln and are so happy that he is here. It was really, very nice. I was also presented (for Lincoln) with a plaque from the hospital stating the birthday donation.



I don't know what I was thinking but I didn't bring my camera to the wedding. There was so much planning and every thing going on that it slipped my mind to bring it. I didn't even take one picture of Lincoln on his actual Birthday! (What a Bad Mommy!). I think there are a few professional photos that were taken, but "Aunt" Jenell was able to snap one candid shot of the birthday boy, partially still dressed up in his suit.

Lincoln and Mommy dance the night away



This is the day after, but here's the plaque.

May 27th - Presents!
Lincoln was given a few gifts before his birthday, but he opened the majority the morning after his birthday. Some from friends and family (even though gifts were not necessary!) and some from Mommy and Daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment