Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

MRI Interpretation

Dr. Proffitt called this evening with the interpretation of my MRI by the radiologist.  There were no percentages given in the letter, but the overall result is that there is a large right side hernia in the diaphragm.  Portions of the liver and bowel are pushed into Lincoln's chest cavity.  The left lung was not visible, due to being filled with fluid (which is normal) and there was evidence suggesting a small right lung at the top of the chest (good news, better than no lung at all).

Dr. Proffit and I discussed doctors at Barnes and by crossing both of our lists, I now have a doctor's name to request when I call for an appointment.  She is going to contact Barnes as well just to be sure everything transitions smoothly with my records and such.  She made sure that I have the documentation from the MRI available to me, as well as the images.  Dr. Proffitt offered services as my PCP and any future pregnancies I may have and expressed her interest/concern for our family's outcome.  She has really been great through all of this.

I will call Barnes tomorrow to try to set something up with the high risk OB, Dr. K, at the Fetal Care Center.  Dan and I are trying to remain strong and optimistic through all of this change.  Our family's support has been a great help also.

No comments:

Post a Comment