Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

34 wk appt

Today was my 34wk appt at MFM Barnes. Dan and I met with another OB in the team following my pregnancy (we have now met 5 and there are still more!). Meg met us in the exam room, too. We talked a little bit about delivery and what the possibilities may be. We cannot make a plan for Lincoln's birthday, or even for future appointments more than one week out since every step is dependent on the previous weeks results. The only thing we can count on is going to Barnes for an appt weekly until delivery day (which could be anywhere between 2-4wks from now). 


The OB explained that vaginal delivery is first choice, but the chance of c-section is increased a bit for me due to Lincoln being small. He said that smaller babies sometimes do not handle labor/contractions very well, and can require emergency c-section so it is a good idea for me to plan on having an epidural just to be ready for anything. Otherwise, if I do not have one started already, and a c-section is necessary, I will need to be fully knocked out and will miss Linc's birth (which would be terrible!). At least I don't have to worry about painful contractions. :)


My blood pressure and weight are good, and Linc's heart beat sounded good, too. The OB commented on Linc's side-ways position that he has had for the past 6 weeks and he felt around to see if Linc's head down. The doc said he would just verify Linc's position next week at the ultrasound.


Meg helped schedule an ultrasound to check Lincoln's growth (hopefully he is at least 2kg!) for next week and an OB appt to discuss the next steps based on the results. I'm excited to see his cute little face again! We will just have to take things week by week...

No comments:

Post a Comment