Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Os Wean

Well, we made the goal of 0.6 LPM by Lincoln's Feb clinic appt. His appt is Thursday, and this morning I was able to turn down Lincoln's oxygen to 0.5 liters! He is breathing comfortably so far, and I don't suspect that he will have any trouble. (Although I do have a bit of a sore throat and am doing my best to keep Linc from getting it! I swear every time we go out for an appt, one of us catches something! That's the season though.) As long as Linc continues to keep his saturation above 97 (the occasional dip to 94 is ok), has the energy to drink his bottles, and he is breathing comfortably (not retracting or having rapid breathing, nostril flaring, etc.), I will turn down his Os by 1/10th every week. Hopefully he goes all the way! But it is hard this time of year. I'm excited by the thought of having Lincoln free from his tether! He is pulling his tape/line off of his face several times a day now, so I know he is excited, too! I'll keep you all updated!

1 comment: