Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lincoln Has Puppies!

As I have mentioned in another post about our cat Neela, Lincoln has two puppy dogs, Peanut and Bailey.  They have been enjoying a "vacation" at G-G's house (Grandma Thompson) while Lincoln was on oxygen at home.  Well, as you know, Lincoln is doing well now off of oxygen so it was time for him to finally meet his puppies!  He had never seem them in person, but I would show him pictures often and say their names, hoping he would be familiar with them. I'm not sure if it worked, and it doesn't matter, because Lincoln (and the dogs) did great when they met this past Saturday.

Meet Bailey

And Peanut

Lincoln's first reaction to the dogs as I let them inside from the backyard.

I think Lincoln likes them!

HAPPY to see his puppies
Very curious
Going to "get" Bailey

Both of our dogs are very good in general. Peanut is not too fond of kids, but he has learned to behave around them and pretty much kept to himself (thanks to lots of practice being around cousins Layla and Aubrey at G-G's! Thanks, Jen!). Bailey also kept his distance and didn't come up to Lincoln. Rather, he let Lincoln come to him...and climb...and pull...and bite...all the while being calm and relaxed. He's such a good dog.

It's been a few days now since the dogs have been back. Neela has spent most of her time in the basement, away from them. Her time upstairs now that Linc is off of oxygen was short lived! The atmosphere in the house is really about the same, except for the increase of pet hair and lovely dog smell. I was expecting this big transition, but the dogs and Lincoln have really been comfortable with each other. I'm the only one making adjustments, as I just purchased a new hand-held vacuum to help me manage the hair. Poor Lincoln is like a big swiffer crawling all over collecting the pet hair! It has also a bit more challenging to take all three on daily walks, but I have managed, and it's getting easier. Yesterday I had several people in the park comment on my ability to have all three out. One lady simply said, "Good for you!" And it is good for us. We are all together. One big happy family!


No comments:

Post a Comment