Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mother's Day - First Trip to the Zoo

This post is a little late, but I want to throw it in there.

I celebrated my first Mother's Day with my mom and Lincoln by taking a trip to the St. Louis Zoo on Mother's Day in the morning. This was Linc's first time going to the zoo, and it had been a long time for me and my mom, so it was really special. I also don't get to see my mom all that often, so it was nice to have time together.

We kept the visit short and only stayed about one hour, and that was plenty of time for Linc. Obviously, we were not able to see every thing in just an hour, but Lincoln was able to enjoy the flamingos and penguins. He really likes birds in general. We also made a stop in the children's petting zoo to see the goats, but Linc was overwhelmed with the crowd of people that is always in the goat pen so we didn't stay there long. Just long enough for a goat to eat my mom's map! (I told you it has been a while for us!) Lincoln was not very impressed with the other animals we were able to see, but he did enjoy a lot of people watching. Especially all the kids running around

Linc and I have made one other trip to the zoo since Mother's Day, during which Lincoln enjoyed the big fish in the hippo tank. So now we have seen about 2/3rds of the animals at the zoo with Linc being interested in about 3. Lincoln is a little young still I think to really understand what is going on and what I'm pointing at, but I still enjoy taking him. I am planning our next trip this week to hopefully see the big cats which I anticipate he will love since he loves his little kitty at home!

My first Mother's Day was wonderful. 

watching the flamingos

Mom, Linc and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment