Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

35 wk Appt with U/S

Dan and I went to Barnes today for a growth ultrasound and OB appt. Lincoln has gained a little over a pound in the past three weeks, putting him at 4lbs 3 oz! (one oz shy of the 2kg requirement for ECMO). His heartbeat was 139bpm and he did a great job "practice breathing." My amniotic fluid is about the same as last time. It is still a little high, but at least it isn't any higher. My blood pressure and weight are good too. I also was tested for group B strep.


The doctors were very pleased with Lincoln's growth and decided to start having me come in for non-stress tests (NST) which involve 30min monitoring of Lincoln's heartbeat. I will have the NST's 2 x per week until delivery to be sure that he is doing well. They didn't say anything about having another ultrasound, so I think that today was that last one. (We got some nice 3D pictures of Linc's face! He's so cute!) It has been nice to see him so often and watch him grow. They tentatively want to plan for induction between 38 and 39 weeks (3 weeks from today), and they will let us know a more firm date after they meet tomorrow to discuss.


It won't be long now...I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment