Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

7 Days to Go

Today was my last OB appt at Barnes Maternal Fetal Medicine group. I also had appts for a NST and BPP.

Lincoln passed both his biophysical profile and non-stress test. He did great practicing his breathing and movement during the BPP. The technician pointed out how much hair he has on his head again! My amniotic fluid was down to a normal range, too! During his NST his heart rate was about 125-160, which is just right. Linc has been doing so great. (hopefully a sign of things to come!) the NST also showed that I was having contractions and didn't even know it! They aren't painful, obviously, so it's just a sign that Linc is getting ready to come see us!

My weight and blood pressure are still good. I asked for the results of my group b strep culture, just in case they forgot to write it in my chart, plus I was curious. The doctor checked my cervix and I am already 2cm dilated, which is another good sign that my labor will progress nicely. Meg scheduled my induction for Thursday morning at 6am. It looks like it won't take too long for the delivery to happen, so we won't need to come in Wednesday evening. One week from now Lincoln will be here and we will finally get to meet him! It still seems a little unreal that we are about to be parents, but it definitely is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment