Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Nursery Furniture Disappointment

This past week, Lincoln's nursery furniture came in! So Saturday, Dan, Jake and I went to Earth City to pick up the crib, double dresser and tow conversion kits from the warehouse. The dresser came fully assembled, and we were able to inspect it before taking it home. The crib, was not assembled so we weren't able to inspect that at the warehouse. Both the toddler and full bed conversion kits were also in boxes.

We go everything home and brought it into Lincoln's room. The dresser looks fantastic! All I needed to do was put on the drawer pulls and put the changing pad on top. I started to fill the top drawer with diapers from my diaper cake, but they are not all going to fit! (I had no idea there were so many in that cake!) I was so excited to get the nursery in order, even though I know that Linc won't be home right away.

Dan and Jake started assembling the crib but were not able to finish because the pieces didn't fit together! The pre-drilled holes and threaded inserts on connecting pieces were off by a minimum of 1/4"! Some as much as one inch! So I called Treasure Rooms immediately to tell them what happened. I told them of my disappointment with this happening, and they were very nice and said that they will contact the vendor to rush order new pieces to us. They asked me to take some pictures and measurements to that they could be sure of what the issue was. They also said when the new pieces arrive, they will come to our house to assemble everything, just for our trouble. Hopefully the new pieces show up soon! Lincoln is coming in about two weeks and it would be nice not to be messing with furniture when he's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment